Collection of Information
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information. We also collect information from your device that you authorize us to collect, such as your contacts for purposes of providing you functionality that allows you to share messages with your contacts. Please consult your device settings for choices you may have to limit our access to this information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a payment, we may collect information about the transaction, such as amount, and date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing on your computer or mobile device cookies that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies are small data files used to store information on your device, including to help us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Sites and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Provide and deliver the information you request or various features or functionalities, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations.
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, ask you to respond to a survey, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites.
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about the various issues, events, activities, and opportunities (please see “Your Choices” below for information about how to opt out of certain communications at any time).
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Sites.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Nigerdock and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Nigerdock is based in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the information we collect is governed by Nigerian law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Nigeria and other countries.
Links to Third-party sites
The Sites may make third-party information and other content available on or through the Sites (“Third Party Content”). Our Sites also may link or otherwise provide access to third-party websites and other products and services outside our control (collectively, “Third Party Products and Services”). These Third-Party Products and Services may include, for example, events registration and management, payment functionality, and other features, functionalities, and services powered by third parties. These Third-Party Products and Services and Third-Party Content are not under the control of Nigerdock, and we are not responsible for the security or privacy of any personal information you share with them. You should exercise caution and review the applicable privacy policies of any Third-Party Product and Service, including those you use in connection with the Sites, before providing them with your personal information.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Sites. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, although we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.